About this Event
A winter of planning, a second year of Castle Rock standing by our side. And once again we will be having chipped timing using the Gun to Chip method which was very popular for the first time last year. Welcome to our new race entry system we hope you find it easy to use and look forward to receive your entry.If you are new to the event, this is a great 10K race with a history, formerly known as the Jägermeister 10K. Based in Nottingham; this is a fantastic opportunity to race within the Nottingham University campus and a great race whether you are a seasoned athlete or a beginner just starting out.
The main things you need to know right now:
- Race date is Friday 5th August 2016.
- Start time is 7pm prompt and for the first time will be chip timed.
- The University of Nottingham Campus - located on the outskirts of the city close to the Nottingham Queens Medical centre. It can be entered from the North and East by the A52 Derby Road/Clifton Boulevard respectively, from the West by the B6464 Woodside Road and from the South by the A6005 University Boulevard.
- The Sports Centre adjacent to the start finish area is located in the North West part of the campus.
- Entry is open to athletes over the age of 16 (we ask that athletes under 18 are accompanied by a responsible adult).
- ...an undulating two laps around the paths and private roads on the University campus with marshals strategically placed to ensure you don’t get lost. NB: Due to ongoing work around the lake area the course is subject to change. We will notify all registered athletes in case of changes to course.
- Available at car parks on campus. Marshalls will be on hand to direct and assist, however one polite request, please do not park in the conference centre car park or the university roads unless in an designated parking area.
- All race Numbers to be collected on the day. The timing chip will be stuck to the back of your number.
On the night:
- An information desk available to deal with general queries will be situated in the sports centre adjacent to the start finish point.
- Changing rooms, toilets and showers are available at the University of Nottingham Sports Centre, but we regret secure lockers are NOT available.
- The Red Cross will be in attendance throughout the event in case of any injuries.
Prizes and our famous Goody Bags:
- Category Prizes will be awarded to the
- Senior - first three ladies and men
- V40 - first three ladies and men,
- V50 - first lady and man
- V60 - first lady and man
- V70 - first lady and man
N.B. In the event of a vet finishing in the first three overall then the vet prize passes down to the second finisher in the vet category.
- Team Prizes a womens team (3 to count) and mens team (4 to count) will be awarded.
- All finishers of the run will receive a QUALITY T-SHIRT and are invited to enter their running number into a SPOT PRIZE draw to be held after the presentation.
- Course record a £50 cash prize is up for grabs of the male (30:03) and or female (37:03) course record is broken
- A presentation of all prizes and the spot prize draw will take place at the University Employees Sports and Social Club located on the University Campus 5 minutes walk from the finish
Results and Non-Runners:
And Finally...Do Not Wear Headphones!
We are not the anti-fun brigade! They pose a serious safety risk on a course which is on un-closed roads. It is essential you can hear instructions and guidance from race marshals intended to help to safeguard you. According to England Athletes rules we will disqualify any runner seen wearing headphones.
Please leave them at home or give them to a friend to look after on the day.
Formula One Castle Rock 10K Committee.
Please note : We do not issue refunds under any circumstances. In case of injury we offer runner the ability to transfer their number. In case of race cancellation due to circumstances outside of our control no refunds will be given.